Search results for 1 - 10 of 555
- Yahoo's Company History
- Yahoo! Inc. is an American public corporation and global Internet services company. It provides a range of products and services including a web portal, a search engine, the Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! Mail, news, and posting. It was founded by Stanford University graduate students Jerry Yang and David...
- Acquisitions by Google, Microsoft, and Yahoo
- This is a timeline of web 2.0 acquisitions by the big three: Google, Microsoft and Yahoo.
The original idea came from:
More details to the acquisitions have been added based on public sources.
- Social software and social networking 2.0.
With in excess of 4.5 million monthly pageviews, Mashable is the world's largest blog on social networking.
What does that mean? It means sites like MySpace, Facebook, Friendster, hi5, Piczo, Bebo and YouTube.
If you're launching a new social network...
- TechCrunch Blog
- TechCrunch profiles the companies, products and events that are defining and transforming the new web. TechCrunch is written by Michael Arrington.
TechCrunch, founded on June 11, 2005, is a weblog dedicated to obsessively profiling and reviewing new Internet products and companies. In addition to...
- History of the Internet
- The Internet is a worldwide, publicly accessible network of interconnected computer networks that transmit data by packet switching using the standard Internet Protocol (IP). It is a "network of networks" that consists of millions of smaller domestic, academic, business, and government networks, whi...
- Google: Company History and Milestones
- This is a timeline of Google's company milestones and impressive growth.
Google is a play on the word googol, which was coined by Milton Sirotta, nephew of American mathematician Edward Kasner, and was popularized in the book, Mathematics and the Imagination by Kasner and James Newman. It refers ...