Search results for 1 - 10 of 90
- Biography of Harriet Tubman
- Harriet Tubman (born Araminta Ross, c. 1820 – 10 March 1913) was an African-American abolitionist, humanitarian, and Union spy during the U.S. Civil War. After escaping from captivity, she made thirteen missions to rescue over seventy slaves using the network of antislavery activists and safe houses...
- Emmeline Pankhurst
- [Photo: Emmeline Pankhurst]
Emmeline Pankhurst was a political activist and leader of the British suffragette movement. Although widely criticised for her militant tactics, her work is recognised as a crucial element in achieving women's suffrage in Britain. Historians disagree, however, about wh...
- Women's Right to Vote
- This timeline outlines some important dates and events in the women suffrage movement, it is not meant to be comprehensive, as the movement to ratify the 19th Amendment was a long and arduous process.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Martin Luther King Jr. was born on January 15, 1929. He attended segregated public schools in Georgia and graduated at the age of fifteen. He attended many colleges one including Boston University. Martin Luther was married to Coretta Scott with two children and he led the civil rights movemen...