Search results for 1 - 10 of 57
- Timeline of Christian Missions
- This timeline of Christian missions chronicles the global expansion of Christianity through a sampling of missionary outreach events.
- Religious Studies in an Anthropological Framework
- This is a timeline of some of the major theorists in religious studies in the context of major anthropological frameworks beginning in the 19th century.
It was created to provide a preliminary framework with which to connect the ideas of some key religious studies scholars to broader theories in...
- Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson (April 13, 1743 – July 4, 1826) was the third President of the United States (1801–1809), the principal author of the Declaration of Independence (1776), and one of the most influential Founding Fathers for his promotion of the ideals of republicanism in the United States.
As a po...
- David Koresh of Branch Davidian
- Born Vernon Wayne Howell (August 17, 1959 – April 19, 1993), David Koresh was the leader of the Branch Davidians religious sect, believing himself to be the final prophet. A 1993 raid by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and subsequent siege by the FBI ended with the burni...
- History of Religious Schools
- Outlines a concise history of relgious schools in Canada from those schools first operated by the Church to the seperation of Secularized public schools.
- Early Documents Timeline
- A timeline of the important documents, ideas, and priciples that influenced the creation of the Constitution of the United States...