Search results for 1 - 10 of 63
- History of Islam
- Muslim history began in Arabia with Muhammad's first recitations of the Qur'an in the 7th century. Islam's historical development has affected political, economic, and military trends both inside and outside the Islamic world. As with Christendom, the concept of an Islamic world is useful in looking...
- The US War in Iraq
- The Iraq War (March 20, 2003 to present), sometimes known as the Second Gulf War, is an ongoing war and occupation that began with the United States-led invasion of Iraq in 2003. Part of the rationale for the war offered by the George W. Bush administration at the time of invasion was that Iraq ...
- Muslim Empires
- A timeline representing the rise and fall of three Muslim Empires (Ottoman, Safavid, & Mogul/Mughul) constructed by three high school students.
- History of Pakistan
- [Picture: Pakistan’s Flag]
The history of Pakistan began with independence on 14 August 1947 but the region has been inhabited continuously for at least two million years. The ancient history of the region includes some of South Asia's oldest settlements and some of its major civilizations. Th...
- History of Kashmir
- [Photo: Dal Lake in Srinagar]
Kashmir is the northwestern region of the Indian subcontinent. Historically the term Kashmir was used to refer to the valley lying between the Great Himalayas and the Pir Panjal range. Today Kashmir refers to a larger area that includes the Indian-administered region...
- Darfur: Timeline of the crisis
- The Darfur crisis is a conflict in the Darfur region of western Sudan. The two main military sides are the Sudanese Military and the Janjaweed militia, recruited mostly from tribes of the northern Rizeigat. The other side comprises a variety of rebel groups, notably the Sudan Liberation Movement and...
- History of the Crusades
- The Crusades were a series of military conflicts of a religious character waged by much of Christian Europe during 1095–1291, most of which were sanctioned by the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church in the name of the medieval polity of "Christendom."
The Crusades originally had the goal of recaptu...
- Flashpoint Mindanao
- New clashes have erupted in Mindanao following a deadlock in peace negotiations between the government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).
The death of 19 soldiers in an ill-fated Special Forces mission to capture a fugitive MILF commander in Basilan province on October 18 triggered th...