Search results for 1 - 10 of 79
- Mike Huckabee
- Michael Dale "Mike" Huckabee is the former governor of the U.S. state of Arkansas from 1996 to 2007. He officially announced his candidacy for the 2008 United States presidential election on January 28, 2007.
Huckabee is the author of several books, an ordained Southern Baptist minister, public s...
- Biography of Ho Chi Minh
- [Picture: Ho Chi Minh]
Ho Chi Minh was a Vietnamese revolutionary, who later became Prime Minister (1946–1955) and President (1946–1969) of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam).
Ho is most famous for leading the Viet Minh independence movement from 1941 onward, establishing the c...
- Winston Churchill
- Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill was a British politician who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. A noted statesman, orator and strategist, Churchill was also an officer in the British Army. A prolific author, he won the Nobel Prize in L...
- Benazir Bhutto
- Benazir Bhutto (June 21, 1953 – December 27, 2007) was a Pakistani politician who chaired the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), a centre-left political party in Pakistan affiliated to the Socialist International. Bhutto was the first woman elected to lead a Muslim state.
A deeply polarizing figure, the...
- Biography of Tony Blair
- Tony Blair (born 6 May 1953) is Labour’s longest serving Prime Minister of 10 years, ending 18 years of rule by the Conservative party with his 1997 landslide election victory.
Born in Edinburgh, the Scottish Prime Minister won his first seat in parliament for Sedgefield in the 1983 General Elec...
- Biography of Jesse Jackson
- [Photo: Jesse Jackson ]
Jesse Louis Jackson, Sr. is an American civil rights activist and Baptist minister. He was a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1984 and 1988 and served as "shadow senator" for the District of Columbia from 1991 to 1997. He was the founder of both ent...
- Gordon Brown
- James Gordon Brown is the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. He took office on 27 June 2007, three days after becoming leader of the Labour Party. Prior to this he served as the Chancellor of the Exchequer in Tony Blair's government from 1997 to 2007, becomin...