Search results for 1 - 10 of 49
- Biography of Benjamin Banneker
- [Photo: Benjamin Banneker ]
Benjamin Banneker, originally Banna Ka, or Bannakay (November 9, 1731–October 9, 1806) was a free African American mathematician, astronomer, clockmaker, and publisher. Banneker's achievements were referenced by Stevie Wonder in the song Black Man, from the album Songs...
- Stefan Banach
- Biografia twórcy analizy funkcjonalnej, jednego z najwi?kszych polskich matematyków.
- Biography of Copernicus
- Nicolaus Copernicus (February 19, 1473 – May 24, 1543) was the first astronomer to formulate a scientifically based heliocentric cosmology that displaced the Earth from the center of the universe. His epochal book, De revolutionibus orbium coelestium (On the Revolutions of the Celestial Spheres), is...
- Biography of Galileo
- [Picture: Galileo Galilei]
Galileo Galilei (15 February 1564 – 8 January 1642) was a Tuscan (Italian) physicist, mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher who played a major role in the scientific revolution. His achievements include improvements to the telescope and consequent astronomical o...
- Isaac Newton
- Isaac Newton is one of the best scientists in the world. He invented the three laws of motion and calculus.
- mathematicians featured in the book Mathematicians Are People, Too
- John Carruthers Beattie
- This timeline is on John Carruthers Beattie who graduated from Edinburgh University and studied at many other universities. He became a Professor of Applied Mathematics at the University of Cape Town. He latter became Vice Chancellor and Principal of the University. He was knighted in 1920.
- John Forbes Nash Jr.
- This is a biography project done for my English class. It shows the genius and struggles of John Forbes Nash Jr. along with his family life and education.