Search results for 1 - 10 of 16
- Boston is the capital and largest city in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, United States. The largest city in New England, Boston is considered the unofficial economic and cultural center of the entire New England region.
In 1630, Puritan colonists from England founded the city on the Shawmut Pen...
- Biography of Ted Kennedy
- [Photo: Ted Kennedy]
Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy (born February 22, 1932) is the senior United States Senator from Massachusetts and a member of the Democratic Party. In office since November 1962, Kennedy is the second most senior member of the Senate, after President pro tempore of the United St...
- Biography of George HW Bush
- [Picture: George Herbert Walker Bush]
George Herbert Walker Bush (born June 12, 1924), was the 41st President of the United States (1989–1993). Before his presidency, Bush held a multitude of political positions, including being the 43rd Vice President of the United States in the administration o...
- History of Harvard
- Harvard University (incorporated as The President and Fellows of Harvard College) is a private university in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, and a member of the Ivy League. Founded in 1636 by the colonial Massachusetts legislature Harvard is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United Sta...
- History of Massachusetts
- Capital: Boston
Date of Statehood: February 6, 1778
Tree: American Elm
- The Puritains settle in the Massachusetts Bay Colony
In the 1620's England was in turmoil over religion & religous practices and ways.
The Puritains and Pilgrims were most affected by this and some were imprissioned for their beliefs. Some even lost their jobs and official positions. In 1628 A group of Puritains decided to fight back and c...
- Killswitch Engage
- Killswitch Engage (often abbreviated KsE, Killswitch) is a metalcore band from Westfield, Massachusetts. This is a timeline over what they have done so far.