The fun house, built in 1925, was deemed by the Sentinel "a good tonic for young and old." From the roaring twenties to the radical sixties, generations of Boardwalk visitors enjoyed staggering, sliding, and slipping around in the Fun House. It was such a popular attraction with kids that some considered it a "babysitting headquarters." When the Fun house was finally demolished in 1972, the mirrors were saved and are now installed in what is now the Neptune's Kingdom building.
Today, this historical area of the Boardwalk is home to the Fright Walk. This new addition to the Boardwalk features many of the old features from the Fun House, with the added thrill of being scared.