The xtimeline team releases major update to the site including exciting new features and new look & feel for the website.
1) Edit History: We created an "edit history" function to track the changes on your timeline. This is similar to the history functions in most wiki-based websites. This is important for recording past changes to your data. You can see who made what changes, and you can quickly revert to a previous version if necessary. We think this function is critical for any sort of collaborative editing.
2) Timeline-based Permission: Editing permissions is now done on a per-timeline basis. Every timeline has a unique list of people who can edit that specific timeline. Viewers of a timeline can also send a request to the creator to become an editor of the timeline. Now it is transparent on every timeline who made what edits.
3) Exploring timelines: We have added two other ways for social discovery
* Groups - arrange timelines based on the group’s interests or common themes
* Fans of - social bookmark timeline creators you like