[Picture: Stereo view of Edison in 1901]
In 1901, Edison visited the Sudbury area as a mining prospector, and is credited with the original discovery of the Falconbridge ore body. His attempts to actually mine the ore body were not successful, however, and he abandoned his mining claim in 1903. A street in Falconbridge as well as the Edison Building, which served as the head office of Falconbridge Mines, are named for him.
Heritage Museum full article: http://www.sudburymuseums.ca/index.cfm?app=w_vmuseum&lang=en&currID=2031&parID=2029